About Me

My photo
I am a Secondary Math Education major. I transferred from Auburn University (WAR EAGLE)!!! I am originally from Birmingham, Alabama and I miss it up there. I am not a fan of the humidity down here. I cannot wait to graduate so I can give my new baby girl everything she wants (and live to regret it lol)!!!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why Publish Student Work to the Web?

Black and white image of Shakespearean man at computer asking the question, to blog or not to blog that is the question.
I think it is important for students to post their work to blogs because they get a chance to express themselves. When they learn something new, they can share their enthusiasm and share it with the world. Their excitement and get someone else interested in the topic. Through our blogs, we have been able to learn about new resources and webistes such as ALEX and ACCESS. Also videos we have been assigned make comments on, fr some, got us feedback from the makers of the video or instructors. We learn from those videos and other blogs we have read and are able to apply what we have heard or read in our classrooms.

I think it is important to publish student work to the web because it is a way for students to network with other students all over the world. They can share each other's thoughts and male comments which can include suggestions. In class, we have Personal Learning Networks we have created with other professionals. We are able to communicate through blogs and posts on Twitter, Blogger, Facebook, etc. Our PLNs are a great learning resource and students sharing their work online can also turn into a learning resource for others. Also, with our Comment4Kids assignment, we read students' blogs and make comments. Students see these comments and are motivated and through our inspirational words, students feel good and have an increase in self-esteem.


With our iGoogle assignements, I learned something new and I am able to familiarize myself with all of the uses for it. My students can have access to it and get help with homework and find cool sites! As a student, he or she can create a page that is full of creativity and is about him or he. Students learn more and more about the Internet through blogs and taking advantage of what the Internet has to offer.

1 comment: