About Me

My photo
I am a Secondary Math Education major. I transferred from Auburn University (WAR EAGLE)!!! I am originally from Birmingham, Alabama and I miss it up there. I am not a fan of the humidity down here. I cannot wait to graduate so I can give my new baby girl everything she wants (and live to regret it lol)!!!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

iTunes University

This is a picture of a purple iPod nano with the words Jigsaw written across the screen.
iTunes U is a great tool for the classroom as a student and a teacher. It is a free resource so that makes it even better in these hard times. I believe it connects all universities together because we are able to see what another school in another part of the world is studying and learn from them. Just as we can download and listen to music on the go on our iPods or iPhones, we can have these podcasts and videocasts at our fingertips. I never thought of iTunes as an educational resource. I only thought it was good for music!



I had never heard of iTunes U until I began on this blog. Since my field of expertise will be in mathematics, I explored it a little. There was a nice selection of topics from different schools to choose. As a student, I can explore this subject and also view other subjects. As an instructor, I can make my class lectures available via podcasts or videocasts for my students and the world to see. I can show others how I educate a particular topic and get my students involved as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment