About Me

My photo
I am a Secondary Math Education major. I transferred from Auburn University (WAR EAGLE)!!! I am originally from Birmingham, Alabama and I miss it up there. I am not a fan of the humidity down here. I cannot wait to graduate so I can give my new baby girl everything she wants (and live to regret it lol)!!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

EDM 310 Podcasts

The fist thing I noticed when watching this videocast was that the speakers were not all facing the camera. Also when they introduced themselves no one looked at the camera and it looked as if Nicole, Dana and Megan all looked as if they were reading their introductions off of paper. The could have at least known their name and major! Megan, when she spoke, spoke quietly. I had to really listen to hear what she was saying. The camera seemed to be far away which made me focus on more of what was going on in the room. I noticed what appeared to be a trash bag tie on the table. Also, I found myself looking at the decor. I was not very engaged in the topic. The only people who did most of the talking were the graduate students and Dr. Strange. The lack of a script was very evident. The answers were not well put together. The script would have made that part of the videocast better. The wrap-up session was a flop also. The same people participated for the majority of this part of the videocast.

Seeing this videocast was very useful. When it comes time for me to produce one, I will have a better idea of what works and what does not work. I think the setting is very important. I want my audience to focus only on me or, if I am doing a group project, my group and me. So a nice and clean background with a table and microphone would suffice. I would make sure that everyone spoke up and eloquently. Keeping the conversation alive would not hurt either. A joke or a detailed and interesting story may liven things up a bit. Eye contact is very important. Not only are you speaking to one another but you are also speaking to an audience who happens to be anyone who views it.

No comments:

Post a Comment