About Me

My photo
I am a Secondary Math Education major. I transferred from Auburn University (WAR EAGLE)!!! I am originally from Birmingham, Alabama and I miss it up there. I am not a fan of the humidity down here. I cannot wait to graduate so I can give my new baby girl everything she wants (and live to regret it lol)!!!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Next Generation Learning

This was a very interesting and cute video. I would first like to start off by saying that the Wii system has more than the average video gaming system. If it can be brought into the classroom, then it will surely make for a great learning tool. Kids will be ever so interested in learning because all they see is the game. Our little presenter talked about voting systems which helped with class participation. If a student is not made to participate, then he or she will not. I have seen classes where the same students raise their hands while the others just sit and look or act out in the classroom.

Parents can now be involved on the go. No more excuses. You can go to the website and be as involved as the parent who is at the school everyday. His mother is the one who brought this whole new way of learning, teaching and communicating to life. Parent involvement cannot be stressed enough. Parent involvement makes for more confident students. Kids can download and upload homework. This is a great feature also because now kids will not have any excuses for not doing the homework. You did not write it down in class...it is on the website for you!!! You do not have a laptop? No problem. You can check one out on us. This makes students, once again, responsible for their learning.

1 comment: