About Me

My photo
I am a Secondary Math Education major. I transferred from Auburn University (WAR EAGLE)!!! I am originally from Birmingham, Alabama and I miss it up there. I am not a fan of the humidity down here. I cannot wait to graduate so I can give my new baby girl everything she wants (and live to regret it lol)!!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

CommentKids: Rachel

Picure of two trumpeter swans in the water.
I read a blog about Rachel's field trip to the swamp to see a trumpeter swan get its wings clipped. She explained how the men used a big net and a small boat to catch it. In his attempt to catch the swan, he almost fell into the water. The reason for them to clip the swan's wings is so that it will know that he is at home and will not try to fly away. The DNR is trying to increase the swan population in the swamps and according to Rachel we must all do our parts to help.


My comment to Rachel was that she introduced me to words I was unfamiliar with until now. My experience with an animal with clipped wings was with my parakeets and I have never sen a swan in person. I gave her positive feedback on her story. I enjoyed reading it.

1 comment: